Improved Access to GP Appointments
Local GPs are working together to offer patients better access to appointments in General Practice in Buckinghamshire, known as the ‘Improved Access’ Service.
This means that you can now book an appointment in a practice local to you:
- Up until 8pm from Monday to Friday
- On a Saturday (your practice can confirm which practices are open, and their opening hours on this day
- From 9am until 1pm on Sunday (at one of the three FedBucks Improved Access Hubs located across the county)
Patients registered with any GP Surgery within Wooburn Green will be able to access this service via the participating surgeries in their area.
In Wooburn Green these surgeries are:
- The Marlow Medical Group
- Bourne End and Wooburn Green Medical Centre
- Millbarn Medical Centre
- Highfield Surgery
- The Simpson Centre
- Stokenchurch Medical Centre
- FedBucks Improved Access Hubs located at Wycombe Hospital, Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Threeways Surgery, Stoke Poges (Sundays and Bank Holiday weekends only).
All appointments need to be pre-booked, either in advance or on the day.
How to book an Improved Access appointment
Ring your GP Surgery as normal. If you would like an Improved Access appointment, the reception staff will tell you where clinics are being held on what day, and the times of the available appointments. A convenient appointment will be booked for you. If you use this service, it is very likely that you will be seen by a clinician from another surgery and not your own GP. The receptionist at your GP surgery will be able to provide details on this service to help you book an appointment.
This is NOT a walk in service – if you need urgent medical advice after 6.30pm, please phone NHS 111.
NHS 111 will enable you to talk to a GP and book an urgent GP appointment if necessary.
You can also use our local online symptom checker, Health Help Now (http://bucks.healthhelpnow.nhs.uk/) to help to find the right service in Buckinghamshire for your health needs.